• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Need help w/cozy and 78'R100/7.

dogstar

I bought this rig from someone who was going to hook it to a Enfield. I need some help w/ mountings for a 100/7. It's brand new out of the box, I've put it together but all the mountings are wrong for a BMW. I am in Waterbury,Ct. Helloo...Helloo...anyone there.::blush

I have a Cozy on my R100RT. I bought mine from someone local who had it installed on a /7 using the "universal mounting kit" from Cozy. He had heard that this was a bad idea due to the thin wall tubing used to make BMW frames used in more recent airheads. He bought but never installed a bike specific subframe from Dauntless Motors (DMC) and included it when I bought the sidecar. The subframe (actually a rear and a front subframe) fit my RT just fine with the addition of a couple of shims and is very sturdy. I then sent DMC the Cozy front mount which they modified and fabricated a new rear crossmember to weld in for a new rear mount.

I have much of this documented in a series of blog posts

Universal mounting kit for Cozy

I bought this rig from someone who was going to hook it to a Enfield. I need some help w/ mountings for a 100/7. It's brand new out of the box, I've put it together but all the mountings are wrong for a BMW. I am in Waterbury,Ct. Helloo...Helloo...anyone there.::blush

Disclosure: I installed several cozy rigs on RE's and on one CB750 while employed with the importer (Classic Motorworks Inc). I have long since retired anf have no financial interest.
You can find the universal kit and instructions at: http://www.cyclesidecar.com/accessories/index.html
Jim

Back