• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Decided to try Heidenau K76's

chelseaboy

09 F650GS, 08 Suzuki Band
Put these on my F650GS yesterday. I was not so thrilled with the mileage I was getting on the rear with the Tourance and these Heidenau's are getting good reviews. Did not have time to go on a good ride to scrub them, but on the short ride home from the shop they did feel really kinda buzzy, definitely not as smooth a ride. Anyhoo, time will tell. Wonder if anyone else here has passed judgement on these.

Cheers

Norm

Put these on my F650GS yesterday. I was not so thrilled with the mileage I was getting on the rear with the Tourance and these Heidenau's are getting good reviews. Did not have time to go on a good ride to scrub them, but on the short ride home from the shop they did feel really kinda buzzy, definitely not as smooth a ride. Anyhoo, time will tell. Wonder if anyone else here has passed judgement on these.

Cheers

Norm
I like them a lot. Good all around tire for street and offroad. After 500 miles the buzzing will disappear. Either you get used to it or the tire smooths out. Stock "battle axe" tires are horrible off road. Too smooth.

Jack

I put Heidenau K60's on my 2012 F650GS yesterday. My first impression: Slow speed driving and turning a little noisy and bumpy, but not bad. At 35mph they smooth out and ride quite well. I will note later how they work off road. ;)

I have the K60s on my F800GS. They were buzzy at less than 35 mph for the first 2,000 miles. The low speed vibration then went away for the next 9,000 miles. Decent pavement and non-pavement traction, they are an excellent compromise. Some funny handling the last few miles, but I was used to it so it was not a problem. I took them off because of a long trip, but they could have gone another 1,000. For long adventure trips they cannot be beat, and the cost per mile is very low. I will be very interested in how many miles you get off the K76 model. If it is comparable to the K60s, I will gladly try them.

Through the Gorge...

I took a trip last weekend to Asheville, NC. Light to heavy rain, and interstate speeds. No issues, and vibrations became less noticeable as I rode. Approximately 450 miles and no complaints so far.

Back