• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Bleed ABS Modulator on 2005 1200 GS

bikerboy108

bikerboy108
Putting in rebuilt ABS pressure modulator..With the 5 bleed nipples on the Modulator and the need to bleed them in order etc. I'm thinking that it might be a good idea to put speed bleeders on it??? Any thoughts appreciated..
Pat

Don't you mean 6?

p-20110123-1434-2631.jpg

I guess speed bleeders would make the job a bit easier. I've never bothered with speed bleeders, but I do have a motion pro one-way valve in my bleed line. You can just see it behind the wrench in this image.

p-20110123-1402-2623-XL.jpg

looks neat ...that will do it thanks...I went on their site and they have diff. sizes..I am away from home for a while...you have the part number or size... Thanks Pat

My first experience with the brake bleed on my 04 R12C left me wanting to push the bike in front of a fast moving freight train. I got the Speedbleeders for the ABS unit and the bleed nipples on the calipers and the funnel tool from Beemer Boneyard.

http://www.beemerboneyard.com/abs3funnel.html

Don't let the fluid level drop too low or you'll have to have to reset the error codes. GS 911 tool makes quick work of that, and it will also cycle the ABS unit and push the old fluid out and bring the clean stuff in.

A bit spendy to swap every thing over, but it makes things so much easier.

Back