• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Where's Tim McCarty (Ear-ific)??

bobframe

I have been dealing with Tim for several years (first met him at a BMW Rally in Hiwassee, GA in Spring 2011) and have two pairs of his ear phones and have twice returned ear phones for (self induced) repairs. Great product, always great service, me => happy camper.

About two weeks ago, I began having an issue with one pair of ear phones (again, self induced) and decided to call Tim. Got his VM...left a msg. Subsequent tries have had the same results. Never have heard back from him...which, in my experience, is unusual as hell. Tried an email this morning...but it's just not been like Tim to not answer his phone or return a VM. Bothering me.

Does anyone know if Tim is still in business? Hope he's OK.

Tim's OK

I did get a call from Tim...he'd been having some health issues following a home accident. He sounded good and said he plans to continue selling and servicing his Ear-ific products. I'm glad he's OK.

Tim has passed away.

I did get a call from Tim...he'd been having some health issues following a home accident. He sounded good and said he plans to continue selling and servicing his Ear-ific products. I'm glad he's OK.

Sad to say, it appears that our friend Tim has passed away this past October, as per this obit: http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/di...thy-McCarty&lc=4945&pid=181754254&mid=7114406

which reads: Timothy Lee McCarty, age 70, of Marietta passed away October 3, 2016. A Memorial Service will be held at 10 am on Saturday, October 8, 2016 at H.M. Patterson and Son Canton Hill Chapel, Marietta. Tim was born in LaPorte, IN on May 17, 1946 to Don and Grace McCarty. He was a 1965 graduate of LaPorte High School and a 1976 graduate of Indiana University with a major in Accounting. He worked for Clark Equipment for 25 years and was the owner of Ear-ific Molds for 16 years. Tim's hobbies and special interests included being a former member of the DeMolays and Jaycees. He participated in competitive pistol shooting, was a NRA...

Sad to hear this news. Tim was a good guy and participated at many of the MOA International rallies and Chartered Club rallies. I enjoyed our many conversation. Belated condolences to his family.

Disappointed to read about Tim. The 2013 RA Rally at the Vanderbilt Estate in NC was the last time I saw Tim at an event. He was a good salesman and always upbeat. So to hear of his passing.

Back