• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

F650cr

Anyone have any experience with a F650CR? This is a bike I know little about?
I am looking at one as a beginner bike for my wife and adult son.
I would appreciate your comments.

It's a tough engine that makes decent power for a 650. Enough power to entertain, but not so much to over-whelm a newbie rider. The bike is farly light, narrow, nimble but stable. It can putter along at an easy pace or spend the day running at 6000 rpm. Good learning bike.

I have friends that bought a pair of F650s, and he and his wife rode from Green Bay to the southern tip of South America and back, nearly 18,000 miles. Not a hiccup with the bikes.

Must be a typo, because the right model is a F650CS. That's the F650 with the funky little bikini fairing and storage pod where the fuel tank is normally on most bikes.

I posted a "F650CR" as a design idea to make the F650CS into a modern thumper cafe racer, hence the "CR".

Back