• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Pictures Wanted- BMW K100RS Motorsport Edition

tmwkicker

Hi all-

I just purchased a 1987 K100RS Motorsport edition and I am looking to repaint it and have the pin-striping redone to original specs. I've been searching the internet left and right to try to find high resolution pictures of all of the details of this particular bike, but I haven't found anything better than a distant side or 3/4 view.

If you have one of these bikes in its original fashion, would you be kind enough to post some good close-ups of the bike? Maybe a walk-around set of pictures?

Secondly, on this bike, the Motorsport stripes on the front fairing are decals. I have already purchased these from Max BMW. What I haven't purchased yet (because I haven't found them) is the sticker in Motorsport colors that goes around the back of the rear body panel, behind the back of the seat. I've found the part number, but I haven't found a place that has the sticker in stock. Does anyone know of where I could obtain one of these? It is BMW part #51 14 1 455 939.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

When I repainted my '87 K100RS last winter I was informed that the "K100" emblem on the tail was discontinued. The folks at Re-psycle had them in stock. It may be worth a phone call or an email.

Back