• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Vt, Usa

dizave

reflect_one.sized.jpg

KBasa said:
Did you take those at the Appalachian Gap? Rt. 17? Jeez, I miss Vermont.

No, we did the lincoln gap, the next one south.

I had originally half mapped a route through several of the gaps but my on-the-fly route readjustment meant we only did one :(

I take it I'll need to head back for rt 17?

KBasa said:
Indeed. I like the west to east run better than the other way.

What else should I hit out there?

We ended up following 12N to Montpellier, then 2W, 100B, 100, passed on the 17 west, then left onto lincoln gap.

Earlier we had spent more time on 100 in the southern area of the state, and a little time on 4. 4 is a great road but in addition to the interstates, I generally rule out 4 and 7 in NH.

Some of the Yankee Beemers can probably chip in here, since they still live there and all, but take MA 8A up to Wilmington and then take 100 up to Hancock. I think that's the Middlebury Gap and Rt. 125. Take it across to the west and take 116 north to 17. 17 comes back east and dumps you back onto 100.

I prefer the roads in the southern part of the state. They seem to be more interesting and a little more gnarly. I used to like 119 where it comes out of Mass, crosses into NH and then on into VT. where it hooks up with 30. That might be a nice return.

Dizave,

Good to meet you this past weekend!

I'll be in Providence the weekend of Oct 10th (?). We should, if time allows, go for a spin. :)

knary said:
Dizave,

Good to meet you this past weekend!

I'll be in Providence the weekend of Oct 10th (?). We should, if time allows, go for a spin. :)

Hey, are you riding out????? Hopefully I'll be in town. If nothing else, I know where to find beer and entertainment.

-d

dizave said:
Hey, are you riding out????? Hopefully I'll be in town. If nothing else, I know where to find beer and entertainment.

-d
I'm planning on riding. Right now I'm trying to sort out all the different alternative routes I might need to take if the weather gets crappy. I haven't ridden cross country in...crap...almost three years.

I have some old school friends still in that area, and so am not too worried about finding some fun. Plus, the trip is to attend a college reunion up on College hill, so there will be plenty to do.

Having said that, my best friend from college, who lives out in Chepachet, just got his first bike (yep, a Harley) and is itching for me to ride with him. Some recommendations on roads would be mucho helpful.

blah blah blah.
:D

-scott

Back