• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Pecatonica swap meet hosted by the Blackhawk Region BMW association

J

James.A

I just received my registration package for the Swap Meet and Expo. I hope many of you will be able to attend. I will be camping, so you know there is likely to be fun and silliness. I hope to see some of you there.

Oh, Yeah,.... the dates are April 27th & 28th.

Last edited:
Always a good time, been selling there for over 20yrs. It's almost a mini rally with the camping. Hope we get some decent weather this year.

It's a good time!
I may go one day.
The one that we don't celebrate my 1st born's birthday.:)

Camping on Friday night?

Does anyone know- is camping on Friday night typically allowed? I'd be coming from MN.

My plan would be:
-ride down Friday
-goof off Saturday until swap meet opens, then hit swap meet
-ride home Sunday

Thanks, -Howie

Where?

I just received my registration package for the Swap Meet and Expo. I hope many of you will be able to attend. I will be camping, so you know there is likely to be fun and silliness. I hope to see some of you there.

Oh, Yeah,.... the dates are April 27th & 28th.

A where would be nice, or a link. Always interested in a swap meet.
Thanks.

Look in the Calendar tab above.

Thanks Randy, I had never clicked on that tab before....everything is on there.

The event is at the Winnebago county fairground in Pecatonica IL. Pecatonica is just north of U.S.30 between Rockford and Freeport.

With regard to camping,...the vendor registration form plainly states that there is no access to the fairground before 11AM on saturday. I would assume that this applies to vendors only. I've seen tents set up on arrival on saturday in past years. I'd try to contact one of the officers of the Blackhawk club and try to sweet talk 'em.

Another thing about camping

I have been going to this event for more than 10 years and I can only remember there being truly beautiful weather exactly twice. Since I have been getting a table and selling used parts, I use the back of my van for my tent.

Also, there will be a mini-airhead central again this year. Expect coolers and grills and people milling about.

A message from Al Sloan, Illinois Airmarshall

APRIL 27 & 28 TECH DAY AT THE PECATONICA BMW FLEA MARKET (IL)

BRRRR! The Illinois Airheads will have a mini Air Central and
Tech Day at the flea market this year. WeÔÇÖll bring a grill, cooler
(to keep the beer from freezing), some Airstore items, a tarp and
a couple of tables. We should be in the camping area just east of
Building 1 (the main hall) and south of the building with the flush
toilets. Look for the white van and a bunch of Airheads wondering
why we enjoy doing stuff like this.

The Tech Day on Saturday and ending at noon on Sunday will be
inside the building on the west side. I'll have a lift and tools but
you should bring your own consumables.

The flea market is located at the Winnebago County Fairgrounds,
Pecatonica, IL, 10 miles west of Rockford and 1 mile north of US20.

Sure, I'll pop up to show off the C and have ya'all tell me "that's not a real BMW".
Or some such exchange.
see ya

Always a good time and we'll of course be there again this year.

I see they are changing things up a bit by having a Lunch Wagon but I sure hope they still have PIE!!!

Dang Airheads are always thinkin. Great idea having a tech day at the meet. We usually have an informal one on how to get a swapmeet bike running or how to disassemble one with a hammer and a screwdriver. And you can always pitch a tent in the pig barn if it looks like rain. And there is always some pie-like substance available. I say pie-like cause I got a bad memory, there is desert.

I guess I'll go again this year ... If you all promise to buy all of my parts so that I don't have to take 'em back home again and if both days are sunny and if it is not really windy and if the temperature stays above average.

Friday

HIGH/LOW

60/47

Partly sunny at the open, but soon clouding over

Growing prospects for showers in the afternoon and evening. Mainly southerly winds 12 to 24 mph and gusty.

Saturday

HIGH/LOW

64/48

A good deal of cloudiness, mild.

Southerly winds may become southeasterly in the afternoon, limiting warming at lakeshore locations and restricting temperatures there to the 40 and low 50s while inland locations reach the 60s.

Sunday

HIGH/LOW

73/58

Partly sunny, breezy and turning milder, particularly away from the Lake Michigan shoreline.

Southeast winds becoming more southerly inland locations in the afternoon and strengthening 8 to 18 mph. Stronger south to southwest winds take hold Sunday night. Inland highs reach the low 70s while immediate lakeshore areas may hold to the mid 50s to low 60s.

Back