• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Colorado Back Country Discovery Route

dadayama

Hey just for the record... Butler maps has added the Colorado Backcountry discovery Route...

COBDR link

I have been over a couple of the passes... Cinnamon for sure and it was a challenge for my greenhorn status... i'd go again...!!!!!!

These rides are great... but I sure wish they'd put together some east-west routes, too. That way, when you're riding across the country, you can jump off the pavement for a dirt detour and then back onto the highway, still having made progress toward your destination.

Ian

Tat

These rides are great... but I sure wish they'd put together some east-west routes, too. That way, when you're riding across the country, you can jump off the pavement for a dirt detour and then back onto the highway, still having made progress toward your destination.

Ian

You can ride the TransAmericaTrail on cross country. I have ridden it and it is a hoot.

Just found a NEAT one:)

If ever in RMNP,Colorado, just outside of Estes Park going West! The inside the park has an alternate offroad route to summit and its a way cool ride on a GSA. DON'T miss this if there. I just did it, riding home from Sedalia. Its approximayely 17 miles to the summit via all one lane dirt, one way travel from the East going West. An allstar route(many stops indeed for looksee's, photo's), imo, adding spice to anyones day on a GSA:). The views at the visitor center and lunch at the summit is great. The ELK there are amazing and so very close, smell'em close! Add this to your GSGiant book of travels enroute to Salem. A sure winner. Ability; Average to good offroader, depending on weather. Ruts and switchbacks a plenty and the effort is rewarded with sights you won't forget, EVER! Novice(even 2up) GS'ers aok on a clear day,dry conditions. Randy

Back