• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

verholen foot peg bracket install '01 K1200RS

tttt4

i just purchased the verholen foot peg lowering bracket for my 01 k1200rs and found the install instructions lacking in detail.
if anyone can guide me to a more detailed set of instructions it would be much appreciated.

Check with Jerry at Pirateslair.net I guess first you should check with the folks that sold them to you. It will be interesting to hear how much ground clearance you lose. I know my pegs are almost ground into the rubber insert and the transmission level has been eaten away pretty much as well. I bought some new pegs, Oberon I think, but have yet to put them on. Also considered the pre 01 pegs as they are a bit higher but was warned on that one by beemer boneyard that the change screws with the the ergos of the transmission lever. I guess you will have to disassemble it once you are finished to adjust it to a new position. You might be able to just grind off some of the stop on the end piece so you can turn it a bit more. Maybe that will be all you need to move it down and forward enough. Also check how the brake lever responds to the new position so you don't have it overly senstive or overly insensitive to your new foot angle.

I know in the end this is pretty useless info based upon what you are asking, so go back to your source for them and ask or ask Jerry. Post up some pics of what you do as you do it to help others.

NCS

Love to see some pics of the install. I've felt that lower pegs would be better when I first got the bike but am now getting used to the sporty position. I jockey up on the bike when the going gets twisty. I'd much prefer something a little less leaned-forward for the bars for long distance but I'll get used to that too I imagine. No help here, just curious since I have the same bike.

i just purchased the verholen foot peg lowering bracket for my 01 k1200rs and found the install instructions lacking in detail.
if anyone can guide me to a more detailed set of instructions it would be much appreciated.

I installed Wunderlich's lowering kit on my 01 last June, and found the install to be straight forward. If its the same as your kit, simple remove the old peg, and center the new peg per the instructions. After removing the current pegs, install the adapter plates as shown in the instructions... the bigger plate has two bolts on it, which goes towards the front, and the smaller, single bolt adapter plate goes on the back bolt. Then attach the new peg to the installed adapter plate. I did have a little interference with the kickstand striking the back of the left hand peg housing, but not enough to keep it from retracting....

I will say that they tend to scrape fairly easy on a sharp twisty turn, but I bought the bike for long tours, so I just cool it a little in sharp twisties.... I'd rather be comfortable in the knees on a 5-600 mile day than worry about a little scraping.... :)

Good luck and keep the rubber side down....Walt E.

Back