• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Trouble finding a braided brake line kit for 1996 R1100RS non-ABS

Hi guys:

I thought this would be easy.

CycleBrakes shows D196-2 for a front set, and D196R for rear but they only fit year 1995.

Spiegler shows S-BM0116 for my bike but it's for the front only.

Apparently, some kits have dual lines right from the master cylinder, eliminating the 'Y' above the wheel. Unless there is a good reason for that, I'll keep it the way it is, there isn't much extra room for another line up at the master cylinder.
What do you guys think?

If anybody knows the kit number for a 1996 R1100RS(non-ABS) front/rear with 3 front lines, I'd appreciate the information.

I can go the custom line route with Galfer but it seems to me there should be a kit.

Thanks for any help.

Thanks Dave:

Your link points to the S-BM0116 which is listed as for the front but now I see there are 4 lines so I'll have to call them.

Cyclebrakes. Great company and quick turnaround on custom lines. Just get some string and measure the length of the lines you need then order with the custom line order form or call them. I've used them for two bikes now and they are awesome.

Talk to Tome Cutter at the Rubber Chicken Racing Garage. He's a Speigler dealer and a long-time BMW mech / guru.v

Problem solved

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Spiegler confirms the S-BM0116 set is indeed for front/rear and they've fixed their site to reflect that.
They also pointed me to BlueStreak Racing here in Ontario and I've got a set coming with no border issues and free shipping!

One more bike on the road with good brake lines.

If anyone in Canada is looking for brake lines I highly recommend these guys.
Lower price than US list plus free 1 day shipping!

Call if you can't find what you want on the website.

:ca

Back