• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Throttle sticking?

D

DNORDINKGT

2007 K1200Gt 31K miles, My throttle seems to be sticking, the bike also does not like 3000 rpm. Let me explain.
For about a week or so now the bike has had a little stumble at 3000 rpm, no big deal as I am not riding at 3000 all that much. But tonight things were different, the throttle seemed to be sticking between 2500 and 3000 rpm, I had to use quite a bit of brake to get the revs back down, they do come down on their own, but they take their sweet time about it. Now when I try to run the engine at 3000 in neutral it will stay there for a few minutes then drop off to about 1500.
So my questions are this, is there even a cable to stick or is the bike drive by wire? And is this a know issue that others have experienced and how did they remedy it. Thanks

Rode the bike a good long time and spoke to the dealer about this. Apparently it was just poor quality gas.

me too

I pulled my K12s out for a brief spin yesterday and noticed the same thing although not as high as 3K rpm. It was more like 1.5 to 2K. I'm thinking the fuel is about two months old so I'm not sure if that qualifies as "old" but hopefully the next fill up will fix the problem.

Fuel stabilizer.

I suggest Startron or Marine Formula stabilizer for longer than 1 month with today's ethanol formulations. Better yet, use 100LL Avgas or racing fuel during the storage months.

Back