• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Why Trojan warnings on home page

drswift

Read some previous posts in Motorrad about www.fmld.at/_daten/api.js. I dumped all my files, cookies, etc. Did a defrag, virus scan, the whole 9 yards. I still get the virus warning when I go to the home page. If I go directly to the Forum I don't get the warning. Is there some Trojan lurking around the home page?

We are still clean Dave. There have been a couple of members who haven't been able to -possibly- clear their browser history. I don't know what browser you are running but if you have say, Internet Explorer and Firefox on your 'puter- try the other browser. If you are not sure how to clear your browser, you can use a search engine to ask "how do I clear the history with ____________" and generally will find some easy to use steps.
If you haven't been on in a while, and came right in on the home page (no login) then you do have the info stored on your machine. The warning is a residual and when you get it squared away- if you could- let us know so it may help others.
Good luck. Gary

The MOA office has hired a third-party to perform routine scans of the website and forum...none exist that they know of. The purpose of this extra scanning is to ensure a clean copy of everything on the server before we are switched over to a new software suite.

Did all the standard purges, deletions, re-boot, etc. That particular file warning only shows up on the MOA home page (not if I go directly to the Forum.) So that's my work-around since I can't avoid it any other way. Maybe your wizards can do a search for that file. ;)

Dave -

I don't know what else to tell you, other than to call Jeff at the MOA office. I did ask him about this very subject a week or two ago because someone else mentioned the issue. He was unaware of any trojans or viruses and they are paying another company to do periodic scans.

I think at this point, you should call Jeff.

Dave -

I don't know what else to tell you, other than to call Jeff at the MOA office. I did ask him about this very subject a week or two ago because someone else mentioned the issue. He was unaware of any trojans or viruses and they are paying another company to do periodic scans.

I think at this point, you should call Jeff.

I have contacted Greg Feeler by email and sent him an image of the pop-up warning, which is exactly as the original poster stated.

BMWMOA 02 04 2012 pop up cropped.jpg

Harry

PS: lately I get that pop-up, then a green one that states the file in question has been blocked.

In my discussion with Jeff as well as other people who have expressed a concern about a trojan on the forum/website, the single common factor is that they all use Kaspersky. Since no one else is reporting the problem, just those with Kaspersky, it would either be that Kaspesky is that good or it is not really that good. My guess it tends to lean towards the latter. But by all means, let Greg run with it. He has interest in the IT world.

it would either be that Kaspesky is that good or it is not really that good. My guess it tends to lean towards the latter. But by all means, let Greg run with it. He has interest in the IT world.

This is the only website that I am getting those pop-ups. It's not like Kaspersky is flagging numerous websites. It is not.

Harry

Back