• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Guy, Boyd Tx R11R

1911XD

I'm new to the MOA and fairly new to riding in general. I've been riding for about 2 years and my first and only bike thus far is my 2000 R1100R. I bought is used in Decatur TX for a steal of a price! Not much demand for BMW R bikes in this part of Texas ;) I put just under 10k miles on it last year and I plan to beat that this year.

I don't have any good pics of the bike right now, I'm working through a self induced electrical problem. So this will have to do. My brother, his best friend, and I rode down to Grandbury TX for the day. My Brother is in the center on his brand new Victory Hammer. 2 Weeks ago he was in a serious accident on that bike. An 18 wheeler pulled out in front of him and he struck the left front wheel of the cab-over truck. He is currently in the trauma ICU in Ft Worth. He is hurt real bad, but we remain confident that he will make a full recovery.

Anyway, thanks for looking!

MeMattPatch_zpscedab5bd.jpg

Sorry about your brother. Sent you a PM in case there is anything I can do to help. I am in the Fort Worth area.

Welcome aboard

Sorry to hear about your brother. Welcome to MOA and if you're ever in Eastern Oklahoma give me a shout.

OkieGman

He's gonna pull through, he's talking now!

Thanks for the welcome and I would love to go through Ok. In fact seeing the values of OK I wouldn't mind moving there ;)

Sorry to hear about your bro. Hope he recovers fully. Welcome aboard and make sure to pop on over to www.twtex.com really great group of folks that covers the whole state. Pretty large group of folks in DFW area.

Sorry to hear about your bro. Hope he recovers fully. Welcome aboard and make sure to pop on over to www.twtex.com really great group of folks that covers the whole state. Pretty large group of folks in DFW area.

NAS FTW, I work on the other side of the runway from you at LM. I will check that other site out, thanks!

Back