• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Rear Stand for Cafed 1978 R100RS

Blueman

Silly question...I would like to buy a rear stand as the original center stand was taken off of the bike. Will any basic rear stand work or do I need to be aware of anything? Should the rear stand's arms sit under the swingarm or can it hook under the axle?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

I have never seen anybody using a pit stand on an airhead BMW. Depending on which one you would buy, it lifts at the rear axle or the swingarm. As one side of your "swingarm" is the drive shaft, it will probably be difficult to get a stand that attaches there. You may have to put a bracket on the bike, where the stand can lift on. Maybe someone has first hand experience

There was an AHRMA airhead parked on a nice stand at the Coonbottom this past November
Maybe someone got a picture or better maybe the owner will post here

That's what I'm looking for. Any ideas of brand name or dealer? How does it support the drive shaft side?

This one uses the shock mounts. Probably longer bolts with a boss to take the stand. Any conventional pit stand will do

Back