• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Couldn't find a better thread to ask this question!!

SCBuckeye

Years ago, when I was a member of the BMWMOA (mid 1980's), each member got a little booklet that had a listing (by location of residence), of willing members who would make themselves available if a traveling fellow member had a breakdown.

Does the club still do anything like that? I and my son are planning a trip late this spring/early summer, and I sure would feel a lot more comfortable if I had one of these!

Thanks,

Our ON editor has indicated in the latest column that coming soon to a phone near you will be the Anonymous app! That should make things better!! :clap

My last anonymous book was 2009....10+ years member....4 books...not a great track record from the organization. Perhaps living and being member in Canada doesn't help...don't know why..... they get my money every year. I update info for them yearly if any changes.

I gave up calling every year for one....maybe north of the border is beyond their mail delivery for a directory but I get the mag OK and they get my cheque.

Funny, I actually get 2-3 calls a year from BMW riders through the anonymous directory just becuse I live where I live on a major trade route where the closest BMW dealer is 200 miles away. As a result have helped out many riders...mostly "newer" beemers that require dealer surgery.

I still travel with the old 2009 directory but never used it yet....probably cause I ride airheads only:laugh

Sorry for the rant but beginning to feel like a 3rd world citizen to this organization at times....

And I don't have a hi-tech cell phone with APPS etc...I ride airheads remember :laugh

My last anonymous book was 2009....10+ years member....4 books...not a great track record from the organization. Perhaps living and being member in Canada doesn't help...don't know why..... they get my money every year. I update info for them yearly if any changes.

I gave up calling every year for one....maybe north of the border is beyond their mail delivery for a directory but I get the mag OK and they get my cheque.

Something is wrong, I get mine every year. I just looked at the last one and it is 2012, sitting on top last year's. My membership started in the mid 80s too and I don't remember not getting one. I would forward this link to them via email and ask them to check into it.

Wayne

Something is wrong, I get mine every year. I just looked at the last one and it is 2012, sitting on top last year's. My membership started in the mid 80s too and I don't remember not getting one. I would forward this link to them via email and ask them to check into it.

Wayne

I'll try them again this year about it...we'll see. Last year I called and they said they sent another one but never got it. We even reconfirmed my address but nothing showed up. We'll see what happens....let you know.

Simple Explanation: Your mailman rides an airhead

Common complaint. Never received my book...your mailman probably rides an airhead and ....:laugh

Next time I ride across the US and Canada I will bring an extra book to give you after you respond to my call for help.
Kurt

Somehow, I remember that you have to sign up somewhere to receive the book. I didn't think it was available automatically to all members. Don't you have to be in it in order to receive it?

Common complaint. Never received my book...your mailman probably rides an airhead and ....:laugh

Next time I ride across the US and Canada I will bring an extra book to give you after you respond to my call for help.
Kurt

Ha ha....in fact our rural route postie rides a.....big ass Harley....maybe he does have it! I'll ask Bill next time!

Yep, call anytime....out in the boonies but lotsa bikers going through on the way west or east...only one call from an airhead rider over the years and all he wanted was a spot to pich a tent which was easily accomodated...in our spare bedroom

I live only a few hours south of you (in Canada) and have always received mine since joining in 2005. For the last few years, I even order and pay for a second, one for each bike, and both have always found their way to my mailbox. :bow Don't know the answer to your problem but do you occasionally miss receiving other mail as well? :dunno

I live only a few hours south of you (in Canada) and have always received mine since joining in 2005. For the last few years, I even order and pay for a second, one for each bike, and both have always found their way to my mailbox. :bow Don't know the answer to your problem but do you occasionally miss receiving other mail as well? :dunno

Well, we've moved 2 times since 2009 but I verified my mailing address with headquarters and everything checked out...I'm not stuck on it...just one of those things that happens. In asking around my local fellow airhead community doesn,t help as none are members of BMWMOA! Funny, get the mag regularly...and my Airhead mag no problem. Guess its worth checking into...again....maybe my RR delivery guy has switched to a beemer and...ha ha...

Nope, seems the bills all get delivered!:laugh

So... how do I get one?

OK. Now, how do I get one? Do I have to sign up for one somewhere? Will it automatically come to my home?

Is there someone (official) reading this who can contact the right person and get me one?

Thanks.

When did you register with the MOA? It usually takes some time, especially if you registered after the ship date. Call the office and see what they can do for you.

I joined the MOA about 1.5 months ago, and I got my dad a membership to MOA for Christmas (about a month ago).

Dad- I've already received my MOA Anonymous book, so when you're jalopy-airhead breaks down, we'll be able to call for assistance to either fix it, or, more likely, find the nearest junkyard. :)

Zack
(jimmylee's son)

Back