So, I have a 1974 r90s motor.

and I have a 70's era BMW factory replacement frame.

with no VIN, and no paperwork.

According to the state of texas, if I can get any authorized BMW dealer to write a note on BMW letterhead saying 'yes, this is a frame for a BMW, circa 1970s', they'll give me a VIN, and I can get a title.

So far, I've not been able to find anyone willing to do the job. Thoughts?