• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Brake Rotors 2005 RT

bobgerman

I have been noticing some pulsing when I apply the front brakes. I check the rotors and they run straight but the thickness varies .0015 on one side. Bearings are fine and the wheel varies about .010 at the bead. Any suggestions on what brake rotors to replace them with?

If they are available (I believe they just released some) I'd go with EBC rotors. They were the only rotors that resisted the surface friction change that caused my K75S to require more rotors then tires.. I'd also suggest using their HH rated pads. Good bite, minimal dusting, good in wet weather. I know EBC had a rear rotor for the R12 series, I seem to recall getting an announcement of front rotors about a month or so ago.

Back