• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tourmaster jackets with Rainguard

sloride

I'm looking for info from riders who are using textile jackets with Rainguard waterproofing.

How waterproof are these jackets and does the waterproofing last?

Rainguard is a liner and not a treatment. I have a Fieldsheer jacket with a rainguard liner and have never had it leak yet. I have zippered shoulder and back vents and haven't even had rain get in there when closed. I should mention that I am behind the fairing of a K1200LT but you still get wet. We've ridden back from Florida a few times in some of those Florida and South Georgia "turd floaters" and been dry. My wife wears a Cortech jacket and has the same results as me. Pants on the other hand.....

I've got a pair of Tourmaster Quest pants with the rainguard liner and they are HOT when the weather is warmer. The past 2 times I've worn the pants in the rain I felt like my bottom got wet. I thought it was because it was cold too and just turned on the heated seat. But the last time the thermals I had on were also wet. The funny thing is that the jacket is worn a whole lot more than the pants and the jacket is older too. :brow

Thanks for the input

I misinterpreted their description

"A waterproof and breathable Rainguard?« barrier allows dryness without perspiration buildup "

Is what they call a barrier laminated to the shell or is it a removable liner?

Most of the time the Rainguard is not a removable liner but a membrane liner under the codura or carbolex and between it and the interior lining. It's supposed to be breathable but not let water through.

thanks for the explanation

So it would be similar to Aerostitch design fabric but using Rainguard instead of the Gore Tex membrane

Back