• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

78 R100S handlebar identification?

jettagli16v

I'm looking at purchasing some spare cables for my 78 R100S- how can I identify which handlebars I have to know which cables to get? Thanks!

Do you have cables that currently work out OK, with no serious kinks or pulling when you turn the handlebars? If so, then just measure the length and report that information when you purchase new cables. This page shows 1027mm cables for an R100S:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=0334&mospid=51651&btnr=32_0756&hg=32&fg=73

If yours measure about that, then that's what you need. You can use just about any other cable (within reason) from another model. For example, the stock R100/7 lists both 1096 and 1108mm cables...if you needed something longer.

Back