• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Throttle Return Spring Tension

davidh70

Is it just me or is the throttle return spring pretty strong? I've only ridden a few other bikes (primarily my Piaggio BV250) but the throttle on the C650 may very well give me carpal tunnel syndrome or some other damage to my right hand/wrist/arm! I kept cramping up during a 100-mile ride yesterday and fortunately had a throttle lock so I could rest it occasionally. I'm going in for my 600-mile service on Saturday and will mention it (in case it can be adjusted) but wasn't sure if anybody else had the same experience. Or maybe I should get one of those grip-strengthening devices and just deal with it :)

Mine is not hard at all, easy to turn with two fingers, and goes back to idle if I release my grip.

Much less effort than the throttle on my R1200.

Is as easy to operate as the couple of scooters I tried when I bought mine.

I think yours might have a problem.

Guy

Back