• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

R1200R switched wire

Many take power from the parking light. There is even an adapter sold that plugs between light and wiring harness to break out the power for you without any mods to the wiring. Don't remember who makes it, though.

On my GS the low beam stays on with the high beam so I used the low beam to power my fuzeblock. I did it this way so that aux devices aren't powered until after the bike is started. I was able to tap into the low beam socket in a way that did not modify the socket or the stock wiring. See http://www.snafu.org/pics/r1200gs/2007/0608-wiring/ for details.

Back