• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

unread post

franko

The symbol/button for unread post in my box does not reflect what I have read. It often only goes back just a couple of post. Is there a setting somewhere I need to change, so that it will reflect all that I have missed(often less than a day)? Thank you for any help. frank

As far as I know, that's a feature of VBulletin that we really can't control. I often see the unread post symbol for a forum that I've already read all the posts. My guess is that it takes some time for the software to catch up with you. Something we just have to get used to.

If you visit the forum, you only have a certain amount of time to read your unread posts before the forum software decides that you've had your chance and updates your last visit time (and therefore, what is still considered unread). From experience, this time seems to be 2-3 hours. When it resets your last visit time, only posts that have been created/responded to/updated since that point will show in the New Posts list.

If you visit the forum, you only have a certain amount of time to read your unread posts before the forum software decides that you've had your chance and updates your last visit time (and therefore, what is still considered unread). From experience, this time seems to be 2-3 hours. When it resets your last visit time, only posts that have been created/responded to/updated since that point will show in the New Posts list.

20774: My problem seams to be just the opposite, as they are marked as read when I haven't read them yet. DarrylRi: So now as I understand it; If I visit the forum, but don't visit all the sections, they will reset. Thank you for your responses, Frank

Back