• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

First post from the outer banks

ramblin red

Hello all,
Don't expect to post very much....just lurking and listening.The Tarheel Travelers have a four corner of Nc tour that I plan to do this spring/summer and the road side assistance offered here seems like good insurance with a 96 R1100RT. Hope I don't need it, bike runs great, but next year it can register to vote.

Don't expect to post very much....just lurking and listening

That's what they all say! Welcome to the forum. Nice bike to make the trip. You should enjoy it! Drop on down to the Oilheads forum and post a picture in the thread with all the other pictures...we like to see bikes!

Well Dang!

I just moved out here next door to Seattle from Charlotte, NC. the OB was on my "to do" list but never took the ride. If my employment doesn't change, as in unemployed, I may have to head that way for a round trip!
Welcome, see ya round somewhere!

Welcome to the MOA. Im kinda of nee myself (June 2012). I live on the VA / NC line north of Raleigh. I get down your way at least a couple of times a year and would love to get together sometime. Im on a 2000 RT. I ll let you know when i head your way and of course please let me know when you are around my area.
A small group of us from southside VA are planning a north to south ride of the Blue Ridge Parkway for Memorial weekend. Come join us.

Welcome to the MOA. Im kinda of nee myself (June 2012). I live on the VA / NC line north of Raleigh. I get down your way at least a couple of times a year and would love to get together sometime. Im on a 2000 RT. I ll let you know when i head your way and of course please let me know when you are around my area.
A small group of us from southside VA are planning a north to south ride of the Blue Ridge Parkway for Memorial weekend. Come join us.

Hi Thanks a lot for the invite. not sure about joining you yet, but I look forward to meeting you when you come this way.
Dennis

Hello, Red

New here myself (See "Panhandler"). Riding the Outer Banks is on my Bucket List. Would really appreciate corresponding with you a bit about that. If you'll endulge me, about_the_house@cox.net. If you're really too taciturn to be willing, no offense taken.

Welcome one and all! See how easy it is to make new friends here?

If you haven't done so, please start a post in the new members section and give us a good intro. Pics are great too!

Welcome! A couple of years ago Bocette and I took our bikes to Kill Devil Hills and had some wonderful rides along the way there and all around the Outer Banks. Beautiful riding! The only thing that was strange was riding through Duck. We thought we were in the middle of a Godzilla movie! It seemed like everybody in that town was jogging or running away from...something! Never seen so many runners in one area before!

Back