• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Exhaust Pipe Color

dougjordan

Bike 02 1150 GS. One pipe is a darker shade of blue then other. Is that a tuning issue? Throttle bodes are balanced.

gs

Get the bike warmed up with it running take a lazer temperature gun and compare the readings on both sides. If they aren't close you might have a problem to address. Jon

I would probably remove the spark plugs from both sides and compare color and maybe take note of any traces of metallic looking deposits on the plugs. If the plugs looked about the same then I probably wouldn't get too concerned. How does it run? Does it start good, idle smoothly, go down the road without surging? In short do you notice any other strange behavior besides head pipe color difference?

On all the boxers one cylinder sits slightly ahead of the other.

For the most part this means the pipes don't have the same bend. (There are none interchangeable left to right and vice versa).

Not a lot of expectation should occur, then, for the individual pipes to discolor identically.

Back