• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

07 R12R Exhaust ?

Check the Summer 2012 issue of BMW Motorcycle Magazine where as part of a long-term R1200R test they compared 5 slip-on mufflers.

One system (SR-Racing) provided 1 hp gain.

Two systems (Akrapovic, Leo Vince) provided zero gain.

Two systems (Laser, Sebring) reduced horsepower.

If sound or weight reduction are the major goals, be my guest. Advertising at least should indicate weights.

PS: yeah I know it's hexhead versus camhead, but ... .

Remus hexacone

I bought my bike used less then 5000 miles,with a remus hexacone in carbon. It also came with a factory exhaust, I put the factory on and have a pristine Remus sitting around. It is like new and I don't want or need it. Any reasonable offer accepted. I always try to keep my bikes in factory looking condition is the reason it is up for grabs. BTW it is also the same slip on as the RT. micollector@yahoo.com

Last edited:
Akrapovic

Roy..........why is it for sale, did you not like it? Pro, cons ?

It is great. Love the looks, the sound, the fit, and Akrapovic makes them specifically for our bikes. (check the accessories from BMW Motorrad). I've ordered a 2013 R1200RT so won't be using this one. Best to call me for more info.

collector

...IMHO...the better thing you can do for your bike exhaust-wise is get a cat-eliminator.
Once installed you won't think about your muffler other than for the bling factor.
The cat removal opens up the exhaust more than the can.

DSC_0191.jpg

Back