• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

04 bmw gt kz1200 oil to use

FRANGEL152873

I am ready to change the oil on my gt I just purchased and I am not sure what kind of oil to use,, any ideas,,there wasn't an owner's manual that came with the bike, so what's everybody using nowadays, thanks for your replies, Fred

I used Castrol 20w50 dino oil in ours.

The trans uses a Hypoid GL5 oil, and I think 80w90 is recommended.

BTW, the K1200RS/GT is a great bike, smooth and powerful.

I used Castrol 20w50 dino oil in ours.

The trans uses a Hypoid GL5 oil, and I think 80w90 is recommended.

BTW, the K1200RS/GT is a great bike, smooth and powerful.

I used the same till 18,000 miles then switched to Am soil synthetic. You really could use some manuals! They will be needed

It is a great bike to have. Enjoy it
NCS

also, you're going to want to learn to use the search function. "best oil?" is probably THE most re-posted thread on any m/c forun, which means this question gets asked here about every 3 weeks. amazingly, the answer won't have changed since the last time it was addressed.
(upper right, probably use "advanced search" to limit your search to just Brick Ks sub-forum).

Mobil 1 20W50

Has worked well for me, but since this is a Brick Engine, many different types will work just fine for the engine.

Back