• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New member from Quebec

carmyvan

Hi guys,
I'm the proud owner of a 2001 BMW R1200C. Just getting into pre-retirement this spring ( working only 3 days a week for the next 2 years) so I'll have time to ride. Been pretty busy putting a bit more chrome on the bike and will do a complete maintenance schedule in February. Bought the bike in October and looking forward to the spring. Yvan

IMG_0635.jpg

Welcome aboard

Welcome aboard Yvan. That's a good looking 12C. I've always liked those bikes and am envious of your pre-retirement gig!

Thanks guys,
just got confirmation that my Ztechnik gauges set has been shipped from France. I've put quite a bit of stuff on the bike and I'll send photos once the project is over. Minus 22 C tonight ....ouch really looking for the summer and warm weather. And no ... my family name is not Cournoyer.

Garage Day Ztechnik tach/clock gauges kit

Hi Guys,
had a great day in the garage today. Removed the gaz tank to install a new gaz filter and quick disconnects, installed a new air filter, a new battery ( Odissey 680 ), connected my PIAA 005 Halogen lights, installed a connection for my Garmin GPS and then proceeded to install the tach/ clock gauge kit from Ztechnik. After that, I put the the gaz tank back on, started the R1200C .... and EUREKA .... everything worked. Can't wait for summer !!!!!!!!!

Nice RC

Good to see a new member from up in Canada way.
I am planning a trip from northern Ontario to Natashquan Quebec..goin through lac st-jean, down through the saguenay area down through tadoussac and going east to the end of the road...with a side trip to manic-5 ( north of baie comeau) at the end of june..Any suggestions as far as places of interest??
Rob.

Hi Yvanhoe!
Glad you have some time to get to know your new ride. Hopefully Spring will be here soon so you can get out on the road.

Don't let anyone give you grief over the cruiser... Friend of mind road his from Illinois to Deadhorse Alaska...up the Haul Road..
Mac

Good to see a new member from up in Canada way.
I am planning a trip from northern Ontario to Natashquan Quebec..goin through lac st-jean, down through the saguenay area down through tadoussac and going east to the end of the road...with a side trip to manic-5 ( north of baie comeau) at the end of june..Any suggestions as far as places of interest??
Rob.
Hi Rob,
Nice trip your planning there. :):) Of particular in the Lac St-Jean area is the St-F?®licien zoo where you ride in in a grilled trolley and the animals ( bears, caribou, wolves, moose, etc ....) are free roaming in a gigantic enclosed area (many acres ). Manic 5 is something to see as it is huge and I've worked there in the mid-sixties as a blaster to blast away the two main tunnel (50 feet diameter ) bringing the water to the turbines. Tadoussac is very nice in the summer with good hotel to stay. The water front in Sept-Iles is a good place to get all kind of fresh seafood. The road is excellent from Sept-Iles to Natashquan with little traffic, gas station far apart and friendly millions of bugs to welcome you. Bring lots of bugs dope/ insect repellent. In summer, with no wind, they'll keep you busy. If you can bring a fishing rod because there's good speckle trout fishing in that area. Have fun !!!!:wave:wave:wave Yvan

Spring photos

Hi Guys,
got my Beemer all ready for the summer, just waiting for the snow to go away. Did a lot of stuff on the bike and added quite a bit of chrome. Waiting for the chrome tube for the drive shaft and the rear passenger foot pegs to get from chrome treatment. Got a very nice bike now. Good cruising to you all. ;););););)

IMG_0655.jpeg IMG_0653.jpeg

IMG_0654.jpeg

Gooday people,
just to let you know that I've received the tube for the crankshaft from Germany. It's not actually in chrome but in polished stainless steel. Very easy to install, the job was done in about 5/6 minutes. :):):) Gives a super look to the cruiser on the left side. :wave:wave:wave Still waiting for the pax foot pegs to return from the chrome treatment. Will put a photo on when the job is finally completed. :bikes:bikes:bikes Good weekend to you all.

Ride WEST:)

MOA Rally is in Salem, Oregon this year and a nice Cruiser like yours will be NICE to see up close. I rode ALL of Canada a few years back and really enjoyed all of it, Coast to Coast. Quebec was quite interesting, enjoying the Quebec City and many other sights around there to the East. My 4 days in Quebec were not enough, as I can say about all of Canada. It went too fast. WELCOME to our world:). I spoke almost NO French, but felt so very welcome even so, as I travelled the back country byways frequently. Ate some foods from French Only menu's that got me confused and surprised what I got:):):). I smiled. Randy

Hi Randy,
never been to your part of the country, on the west coast of the USA. I've worked in Western Canada for a few years, mainly British Columbia, Yukon and some part of lower part of Alaska ( Skagway, Yakutat, Valdez and the Mt McKinley area) as a mountain helicopter pilot. I've also travelled a lot on the eastern coast of the USA all the way down to Florida and Texas many times. Oregon and California would sure be nice on the agenda. Thanks for the welcome, Quebec is really a nice place and you should pay us a visit again. :):):)

Bienvenue,mon ami.Nous avons besoin de plus Canadiens ici,les Americains,bien bon jolis comme ils sont,nous moquent de temps en temps.
Moi,04 K1200GT et 95 R100RT.

Bon ride que tu as!

Salut jgr451,
dans quelle r?®gion te trouves-tu ??? Moi je suis ?á Laval, pr?¿s de Montr?®al. Il ne manque plus que les repose-pieds en chrome et le Beemer va rouler. C'est un retour pour moi apr?¿s plus de 25 ans. Je me suis inscrit ?á une formation de 25 heures au d?®but mai pour reprendre le beat de la moto. :ca:ca:ca Bien h?óte de rouler avec mon BMW. Yvan:):):)

Hi Rob,
Nice trip your planning there. :):) Of particular in the Lac St-Jean area is the St-F?®licien zoo where you ride in in a grilled trolley and the animals ( bears, caribou, wolves, moose, etc ....) are free roaming in a gigantic enclosed area (many acres ). Manic 5 is something to see as it is huge and I've worked there in the mid-sixties as a blaster to blast away the two main tunnel (50 feet diameter ) bringing the water to the turbines. Tadoussac is very nice in the summer with good hotel to stay. The water front in Sept-Iles is a good place to get all kind of fresh seafood. The road is excellent from Sept-Iles to Natashquan with little traffic, gas station far apart and friendly millions of bugs to welcome you. Bring lots of bugs dope/ insect repellent. In summer, with no wind, they'll keep you busy. If you can bring a fishing rod because there's good speckle trout fishing in that area. Have fun !!!!:wave:wave:wave Yvan

Thanks for the update. We might check out the zoo. Happy to hear that the road is in good shape. I cannot wait to go to MANIC-5,,,apparantly ,, this road is very twisty......love it. Those darn bugs...those critters grow to a good size, up in quebec. Went to james bay via ROUTE DE LA BAIE JAMES last summer ( last week of june ) and we had to pick a windy spots to stop so that we did not get eaten alive by the flies. I truly enjoyed that trip......by the way, that is a nice ride you got yourself. Congrats. Happy trails...wave,wave .....rob.

Back