• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

ESA Issue 2007 R1200RT

johncrute

The ESA on my 2007 RT has just started to exhibit a problem. When scrolling through the various settings, it will not go from two to one rider position. Seems to change all other settings. Is this the beginning of full failure, or just a glitch? Can this be repaired or manually changed? Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
The ESA on my 2007 RT has just started to exhibit a problem. When scrolling through the various settings, it will not go from two to one rider position. Seems to change all other settings. Is this the beginning of full failure, or just a glitch? Can this be repaired or manually changed? Any ideas?

While the sensors that manage the ESA can fail (one did on my RT), a more likely path for you to pursue would be to have the dealer do a computer 'flash' and re-boot next time you're in for service.

This fixed an identical problem I had early on with my '05 R1200RT. Perhaps this will clear up your anomoly.

Dear 1998gsrt (real name? We're friendly around here..)

Please read: http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?46055 - Since ESA has had several generations since intro having this info in your thread title would be useful in perhaps attracting someone who experienced the same problem open the thread. Generally - the more descriptive your thread title is, the better the answers you'll receive. Plus it helps others searching for the same issue later on to spot the thread.

I'm editing your thread title to add that info.

Welcome to the forum! One thing you might do is fill out your user Profile, and add your name, and bikes you own to your "sig" - then it will be added to every post you make on the forum. Having some idea where you're located may also help local people who may be helpful to know they're local to you and get in touch.

Best,

Back