• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

34th Annual "Land of Oz" Rally May 31 - June 2 2013

DonHamblin

Former Club President
Click the heels of your Ruby Riding Boots together 3 times and say, "There's no Rally like Oz" and you will soon be on your way to Linn County Park, LaCynge, KS, the doorsteps of the beautiful Kansas Flint Hills and Ozarks. US 69 at K52, south of Kansas, City (N38.22.253 W94.38.889). Rally entry fee is $35 for adults or $15 for a day pass. Full registration includes: 3 nights amping, 3 meals (Friday and Saturday dinner and Sunday continental breakfast), Friday night dance to the music of one of KC's hottest bands, Saturday movie night, field events, kid's events, door prizes, Very Special Grand Prize, "Bernie's Best Tour" ride, and featuring downloadable into your GPS GS "Gravel Ride" by THE GS Giant Eddy McLiney! For pre-registration please contact Darren Marshall (registration chair) at (913) 238-4803 or for all other information Don Hamblin (rally chair) at (816) 600-2475 or bmwscooter@att.net.

Attention GS / ADV Riders - ride THE GS Giant's Ride!

Attention GS / ADV Riders, we are posting the MapSource GPS Waypoint Database file for downloading into your GPS. As part of the 34th Annual "Land of Oz" Rally, you do not want to miss these two rides built by THE GS Giant Eddie McLiney! So be ready to ride when you get to the "Land of Oz" The download is on the Rally Web Page http://www.kcbmwmc.com/rally2013.htm as "Download 2 GS rides in one file
This is MapSource GPS Waypoint Database file
Please right click and "save link as"
GS ride .gdb File"

The "Best Rally Bargain" is the "Land of Oz"

The "Best Rally Bargain" is the "Land of Oz"
One example: to keep the Rally Fee and rally volunteer workload low, Cindy Bunce Jantti is bringing in Chris Cakes www.chriscakes.com for a $5 all-you-can-eat Saturday morning breakfast! If you haven't had Chris Cakes before, you are in for a treat! If you have, then you already know that!
"There's No Rally Like Oz!"

Don Hamblin

Land of Oz Rally

I am thinking of coming out and seeing you folks just for a change of scenery I have only been to one other rally so this will be a fairly new experience for me! I am only 250 miles away! See you there! Steve!

Land of Oz Rally

I'm looking forward to attending the Land of Oz Rally in three weeks! I haven't been to this one before, but it sounds like it's going to be a good time.

-Becca

I am thinking of coming out and seeing you folks just for a change of scenery I have only been to one other rally so this will be a fairly new experience for me! I am only 250 miles away! See you there! Steve!

Steve,
Looking forward to seeing you too!

Don
Don Hamblin
Rally Chairman,
Kansas City BMW Motorcycle Club,
"Land of Oz" Rally

www.kcbmwmc.com

Oh ye of little faith :)

Oh ye of little faith :) At the "Land of Oz" Rally this weekend: A little rain on Friday, then mostly sunny the rest of the weekend (couple of showers around 0300 that quit by 0500). Temps stayed in the low - mid 70's during the day and low 60's at night. We watched the storms (and tornados) both north and south of us leaving us to party with the band! Power went out, but with our 6kw generator we had the only electricity in NE Linn County - so the Band Played On!! Great Rally !!!~

Don, what a great rally it was ! You & your club deserve huge kudos for your efforts!
It was magnificent, and the changes you have implemented shone through!
The Springfield Roadriders were proud to receive the "most members in attendance" award, thanks!
Our youngster Cierra Renolds came home with the youngest rider award, and I can't tell you how much
we appreciated your taking the time to comment on her accomplishment. She was one proud young lady (as well she should be).
For those who do not know, Cierra turned 16 on Monday, and got her first bike for her birthday. By the following Friday she had logged
2,7xx smiles, and on Saturday she and her dad completed the Missouri Tour of Honor SS1K!

The weather gods did not smile upon your area for the days before the rally this year, but it still turned out great!!!
Perfect temperatures, good folks, yummy food and prizes out the wazoo!

Indian Nations is coming up next weekend (N.E.Okla)....first time in 17 years!

See you soon in in Crane at the MotoMo Crane Rally!!!

Ken

Ken,

We really enjoyed having you guys there! Oh, and Cierra Renolds was the "talk of the town" for the rest of the rally!

See you in Crain,

Don

Back