• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

3rd Anunal Southern Wisconsin Air Head Tech day / Barley therapy Feb 23

Mike, I really appreciate you putting this get-together on. I have been looking forward to being there just to hang out but my kids, who were supposed to visit last weekend , decided to show up this weekend instead. I hope that you have a great party!

I should be there about 9 - 9:30. Bikes will be on the trailer today and ready to go. Looking forward to a drive to Wisc. Its been a while since I have been to Eagle.

Rain, Sleet or Snow we will be here. The R100s is here, I have parts for my RT, burger is out, the Dempsy's donated some fresh cheese for the burgers from their farm, Lakefront riverwest Stien on tap, Plus Brewmeisters Smoke Porter, Garage is warm, those who have not ben here look for the sawhorse with the airhead t-shirt on it in the drive way, park along the road. I'll move the banks back with the Bobcat if needed. Bring stories, ideas, & good cheer!

One More Day!

I'll be there!
Please let me know if anything else is needed. I'll bring an ATV lift to work on my cafe, along with any other bikes in need. I think I'll also throw in a couple folding chairs... couldn't hurt. I'm also going to bring my camera to capture the event for posterior... I mean prosperity. :laugh

Good times, great food, and Airheads! Everything got accomplished and all the bikes worked afterwards. There were some challenges that were overcome, and information was exchanged. That's what it's all about. Thanks, Mike, for the day!
Randy

a few pics, yes projects got done. And all bikes left working the way they should!

Attachments

• tech day 2013 025.jpg
    tech day 2013 025.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 46
  • tech day 2013 027.jpg
    tech day 2013 027.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 46
  • tech day 2013 030.jpg
    tech day 2013 030.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 46
We shut it down alittle after 7pm

Attachments

• tech day 2013 032.jpg
    tech day 2013 032.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 101
  • tech day 2013 034.jpg
    tech day 2013 034.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 101
Thanks for all the help, instructions, and camaraderie. What a great way to spend a winters day. Good food, good company with good beer. Special thanks to Randy for all the help and Mike for hosting. :drink

Mike. As usual I left something behind. My floor jack was sitting behind you guys when I said adios. Will be in touch when I get a chance to ride up. Its a much nicer ride when on two wheels and not trailering the bikes.

Very nice. I see your from Woodstock. Wauconda here. Did you get the paint done local or do it yourself. Sweet lookin ride.

Ooops, sorry I missed your post!
I did it myself... first time painting a bike. It turned out OK, I certainly can pick out the flaws... but I won't POINT them out. I idin't want a showroom ride anyways, but more of a factory racer/ garage done job.

Thanks Mike, and Everyone!

Thanks Mike for putting together such a great event... and thanks to everyone who helped out with those &%*^#$@#$ carbs! I certainly was way in over my head, but with the help of the airhead gods, she is purring like she should.

DSC00303-sm.jpg
DSC00302-sm.jpg

Again Thanks to FRANKO for the 2nd lift and Brewmeister for the beers. We missed you both. You were here in spirit.

Brewmeister Smoke Porter? I should have left the kids behind and been there for that!!!!
Looking forward to #4. See you next year. Thanks, Mike.

Mike. Just a note to let you know I left my floor jack in the garage. I should have stayred for a couple more beers and I would have remembered. Will give you a call to stop by and pick it up one day. Most likely a weekday so you can just leave it outside someplace. I will call. Not worried but I need it to put my hack back on. Want to do a little more maintenance while the hack is off.

Hope I can make it again next year. Less Work and more BS is in order. :laugh

going to have a small gathering to change tires and get a /2's charging system working and anything else, on Tuesday June 23rd, about 5 pm. We could use some help on the /2 !

well we had a small gathering to re tire my RT, Then had some charging issures with a /2, the next Tuesday turned into re tire the /2, balance some carbs on a /5, and The Dempsy's who allways bring cheese (they are allways welcome) showed up the their R80 GS'S and Eric show up on a vintage HD. All with yummy I.P.A. on tap!

Attachments

• slash 2 and rt.jpg
    slash 2 and rt.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 43
  • slash 2.jpg
    slash 2.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 43
  • slash five.jpg
    slash five.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 43
Back