• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

3rd Anunal Southern Wisconsin Air Head Tech day / Barley therapy Feb 23

mikegates

Total Freak
3rd Anunal Southern Wisconsin Air Head Tech day / Barley therapy Feb 23, 2013

Might AS WELL HAVE ANOTHER ONE! i KNOW OF A CLUTCH JOB ON A 79 R100S, WE CAN ALSO CHANGE TIRES, LET ME KNOW IF ANY ONE NEEDS SOME HELP OR WANT TO DO A PROJECT, BURGERS AT NOON, BREW ON TAP!

MIKE GATES
EAGLE, WI

Last edited:
/5 splines

I have a /5 that I was thinking of greasing the splines. Never done that since I got the bike. Any chance of getting that done? Would be nice doing it with some experience present. :bow I have it mated to a spirit sidecar which I was going to take off to do some work on the bike anyway. I do have a small leak from the rear drive boot that I wanted to check into anyway. How big a job would this be???? :eat

Eric

Rear splines and tranny input? Anyway that would be no problem the group that show up can tackle anything, this job would be easy. Are you local? Pm mw

If any one would like to change tires let us know as Crazy Al can bring the changer! Motorcycle superstore is running a good sale!

Rear splines and tranny input? Anyway that would be no problem the group that show up can tackle anything, this job would be easy. Are you local? Pm mw

Mike. Is it a problem if there is no center stand on the /5? I had to remove it to put the subframe on for the hack. Been thinking of getting a floor jack for the bikes anyway. They opened a Harbor freight near me.

Eric

With the help from FRANKO we will have two lifts going. Yep put it on the center stand or block and strap it down!

Cafe time

Well I finished putting my /6 back together this fall... even cranked it over... but I sure could use some help with fine tuning so I think I'll throw it on the trailer. The seat is being made right now and hopefully it will be on in time for the party. See you all there!

Attachments

• r90.jpg
    r90.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 131
I will be there Mike! I am thinking of doing the pushrod seals on my RT, but I am not sure if they can be tapped down or if I should just replace them. It has been long enough since I dealt with them (1995) that I am leaning towards just replacing them.

bring it out we can rplace them. I saw Eric today but forgot to tell him about the 23rd so if ya see him tell him. They were ice riding

Attachments

• ice ridin.jpg
    ice ridin.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 124
We have two spline jobs, a clutch job, tune the cafe /6. Is Roy doing the push rod seals? I might try to repair one of the heated grips on my bike. I'll be out of touch for a few days, going to soak a minnow and jig a worm looking down a ice hole. Plan on getting things rolling at about 9am and cooking burgers at noon. email or pm me I'll get back next week. No one has spoken about changing tires so Crazy Al might not bring the tire changer, so speak up soon.

Hi Mike. I think Eric already knows about it, and it turns out I will be out of town that weekend. Pushrod seals will have to wait.

Well I finished putting my /6 back together this fall... even cranked it over... but I sure could use some help with fine tuning so I think I'll throw it on the trailer. The seat is being made right now and hopefully it will be on in time for the party. See you all there!

Very nice. I see your from Woodstock. Wauconda here. Did you get the paint done local or do it yourself. Sweet lookin ride.

Im passing this on if anyone needs anything. Its about 15min from my house if we run into trouble or need parts.

Mike tell your attendees in your Emails that Thoroughbred Cycles will give them,

20% off tires and tubes and Spectro oil products and other aftermarket parts,

10% off genuine BMW parts.

Of course that means NO SHIPPING. They just have to say itÔÇÖs for you Tech Tune up Clinic when they call or stop in for parts.

Glen (Bish)

Thoroughbred Cycles

262 642 7111

bglenn@centurytel.net

I'd love to stop by and just hang out

You got an address?

Burgers and beer, cannot miss. ;)

Thanks.

Back