• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

'04 R1150R Headlight Relay

Bobmws

Curmudgeon At Large
I want to add a relay kit from Eastern Beaver. I see on the website that in addition to the standard kit that mounts the relays in the headlight shell, Jim offers a waterproof kit for GS models and bikes with a small headlight shell.
The R shell looks small, is there room inside it for the relays?

I want to add a relay kit from Eastern Beaver. I see on the website that in addition to the standard kit that mounts the relays in the headlight shell, Jim offers a waterproof kit for GS models and bikes with a small headlight shell.
The R shell looks small, is there room inside it for the relays?

I don't think so. I'd go with the relay external to the shell.

no relays, no fuses

Hallo Bob,
my guess is you're looking at the non-H4 headlight kits. If you can do cable connections yourself I would recommend a look at the PDM60. Yes it is $149, but no fuses and no relays to control a total of 60Amp over 6 outputs. Meaning you are covered for your next projects.

Here is a nice video about it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c83l-41RbjI

The product page itself here
http://www.rowe-electronics.com/modules

I haven't ordered it myself yet, because I'm still checking how to configure it completly. But I'm planing to hook up the low beam, PIAA1100X, heated gear, GPS and Photon Blaster. I started looking because I'm fighting the RT headlight ground problem (burnt) right now. While I'm messing with ground, I'm planing to connect the low beam directly to a 12V PDM60 output. Some say a direct 12V connection gives you more juice at the bulb instead going thru the 'old' BMW switches and connectors. The 7 second PDM60 delay will also allow me to start a very cold engine without the headlight turned on.
Have a look.
Joe

Headlight Relay

I have the Eastern Beaver headlight relay installed in my 2004 R1150R and it all fit in very snugly but does fit.

Back