• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The magazine

wuzred

Not sure where to post this but is anyone else missing the January issue of BMW ON ?
This is day 10.
I know it's available electronically but I don't have a 'puter in the pooper.

O.K., I know sometimes the holidays affects delivery.
Starting to worry, affecting my constitutional and all.

Not sure where to post this but is anyone else missing the January issue of BMW ON ?
This is day 10.
I know it's available electronically but I don't have a 'puter in the pooper.

Got mine about a week ago, right after New Year's Day.

Another question I don't know where to post: My BMW ON magazine comes inside a large white envelope with $3.03 worth of postage affixed!!! Inside the envelope is the magazine with its plastic cover and a dupilate mailing label just like the label on the outside of the paper envelope. Why are they spending $3 bucks to mail the magazine to me????? I know I'm important to MOA, but dang! BTW, I only joined in August or September (4 or 5 months ago) and I would have understood the initial issue being "specially mailed" to a new member, but like I said, both inner and outer mailing label seem correct, and it's been several months now. What's going on???

It's the post office. I have noticed that when I have a substitute mail delivery person, my mail is extremely light. Then when the regular guy returns, there's a huge pile of magazines and sales circulars. I had posted in the past threads about issues being late that mine can arrive in the third week of the month. It seemed I was the last person in the USA to receive the issue most months. This month, I received mine right after the first. Earliest I ever received one.
Go figure.

Got mine about a week ago, right after New Year's Day.

Another question I don't know where to post: My BMW ON magazine comes inside a large white envelope with $3.03 worth of postage affixed!!! Inside the envelope is the magazine with its plastic cover and a dupilate mailing label just like the label on the outside of the paper envelope. Why are they spending $3 bucks to mail the magazine to me????? I know I'm important to MOA, but dang! BTW, I only joined in August or September (4 or 5 months ago) and I would have understood the initial issue being "specially mailed" to a new member, but like I said, both inner and outer mailing label seem correct, and it's been several months now. What's going on???

Looks like the original mailing of your magazine was returned to the sender by the post office because of a problem with the mailing label. They then stuck it into a white envelope and mailed it again. You received some special service by the MOA!

Today is the 11th and my magazine hasn't shown up. I called HQ a couple of days ago and was told that there was a bit of a delay in the mailing. It was suggested that I wait until early next week to see if my issue shows up (e.g., mailman is through reading it). No problem with waiting, I'll just look at the on-line version.

Uh, maybe not... All I'm getting is a pdf with the cover and table of contents. I thought that one could turn pages and zoom in and the like with the on-line magazine. Has something changed (it has been a few months [year?] since I last tried to look at the on-line issue)? Is there some "trick" that I'm missing? Do I need special software? [I tried doing a bit of a search to see if there were hidden clues, and this thread seemed closest.]

...and another thing...

I just discovered that it is possible to click on a URL in an ad and be taken to the advertiser's website. Cool!

Now, how can I do that with the print edition? :)

Looks like the original mailing of your magazine was returned to the sender by the post office because of a problem with the mailing label. They then stuck it into a white envelope and mailed it You received some special service by the MOA!

Exactly what I thought, too---the FIRST month! But now it has arrived in my mailbox like that for five or six months. MOA no longer has the easy excuse. Somebody is a tad lazy.

Otl

Mine showed up yesterday, bagged and in perfect condition.

On the other hand, I also received my December OTL yesterday (it's traditional to be a little late), and its cover was quite shredded front & rear; it was hanging on to the rest of the mag by one side of one staple. Oddly though, the rest of the mag - from page 1 "Changing of the Guard" through to the Black Eagle ads on page 92 - is in absolutely perfect condition.

I've talked to the local postmaster before - the post office has issues, including budget cutbacks and personnel turnover. In the recent past, if a "regular" didn't have my route, the substitute might not find my house (rear house of a corner property) and my mail would be delayed or returned. I am now an official "checkpoint" where a new bar code on my mailbox has to be scanned every day!

I called MOA HQ and they said that the issue was late in coming from the printer, hence they were mailed late. I am in CA, and she said if I don't have it by the 14th, to call back. They will sent out a replacement copy. So far, nothing yet!

I enjoy reading this thread! I am in Canada and I will be really happy to get mine by the end of the month! Nothing new, it is normal to be about a month behind!

John

Back