• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Stupid Radiator Hose '85 K100

froggy

1985 K100 project is coming along great but I am now scratching by bald head.What engineer puts a hose thru an engine cover.It was hard enough pulling the hose out of the right side cover but after powder coating it I now have to put it back.How does everyone do this? Maybe put hose in nylon sock and pull it thru...????:banghead

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm.

I don't recall that it was difficult - just 'folded' the hose and put it through - there seemed to be enough room to make it easy - they seemed to allow for thermal and pressure expansion so it wasn't hard to do.

Yep, ya gotta fold it. Instead of trying to push this "O" through, try pushing this "U" through.

If it is stiff and not pliable, it would probably be better to get a new one. After all, it is 28 years old.

:dance:dance:dance

I beg to differ....the radiator hoses on BMWs that I have met so far were all quite smart.....:dance:dance

Before I read this,as soon as I got home from work I had done just what was suggested.Fold it into a U and slide up.Hoses were replaced in 06 by prior owner after he spent over $6000 getting road worthy:dance

Yep, ya gotta fold it. Instead of trying to push this "O" through, try pushing this "U" through.

nIf it is stiff and ot pliable, it would probably be better to get a new one. After all, it is 28 years old.

:dance:dance:dance
Sometimes stiff is good....:kiss

Definitely fold it and use silicone spray. Silicone spray works great on assembly of rubber parts, especially things like the 2 rubber bushings that slide into the brackets on the belly pan of a K75s. Get a can, you won't regret it.

At 62 years old, I still don't have a stiffness problem. But if it should ever happen, I'll try to remember the fine advice here.... fold it into a U shape and either use a silicone spray or soapy water.:clap
P.S. Has anyone ever tried using a Radiator clamp?

Last edited:
Filtered

ThankYou,I will do that from now on. While on the search subject (hey its my thread,I can hijact it if I want to :)), with site being updated did we loose the old threads?

There is a filter that only displays threads from "last month" that you can open to "from beginning" located in the THREAD DISPLAY OPTIONS when you click on Flying Brick K-Bikes

Last edited:
Back