• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Entering the last "quarter" of my riding career?

I will be retiring next year at 62. That is when I will have the time and ability to really start traveling on my GS. When I turn 80 I will get a sidecar. When I turn 90 I will get powersteering for the thing. When I turn 100 I will let my 20 year old French girlfriend do the driving. After that I wont remember what comes next:brow

I will be retiring next year at 62. That is when I will have the time and ability to really start traveling on my GS. When I turn 80 I will get a sidecar. When I turn 90 I will get powersteering for the thing. When I turn 100 I will let my 20 year old French girlfriend do the driving. After that I wont remember what comes next:brow

Now THAT'S a plan!!! :clap I like they way ya think....can I borrow it? :bow

All the guy's a hundred with a 20 yr old girlriend from anywhere on earth , have lots of money. I'll stick with my feisty 64 yr old hillbilly trophy wife.:D

last quarter of riding

At 100, you might think about going four wheels like the BMW Quad. LOOKS LIKE A GREAT SUSPENSION FOR AN OLD BACK.

he actually had to buy a trike before he figured out that they wouldn't lean? you might want to have a conversation with your riding buddy..... just sayin'.No, he knew they didn't lean, he just didn't realize that leaning would be so crucial to his enjoyment of riding.

i'm a youngster, still on the south side of 60, so i've got nothing else to say about this. but i do think about what riding might be like when i'm my dad's age. he's 87, and except for being down due to a new hip, he still bicycles about 100 miles/week. Sure hope i can still be going like that at his age!

Good for your dad!!!!!

trying to keep up with Dee when he is "running it" is a lesson in futility. and humility.

so. Dee hit him with "64 year old man" and "with full bags". did he pull out the "blind in one eye, and can't see so good out of the other"?

Been playing with Dee the last few days, Both the wives are along, so we run ahead, then slow up in the straights waiting for them to catch up. Been a fun few days

Makes me think of savoring each and every ride all that more.

In my desk, I keep an old article by Warren Miller, the ski film producer. In it he reflects on a lifetime of skiing, and the technological advances, such as metal skis, fat skis, grooming equipment, plastic boots, and high speed lifts, that have enhanced his enjoyment of the sport. He concludes by writing: "How can someone my age, or any age for that matter, be so privileged to have this much fun?"

Each time I read it, I think about the amazing advances in our riding equipment and gear, that make our rides faster, safer, more comfortable, and more convenient.

Back