• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Would you welcome a "vendor section" in our "Flea Market"?

Would you welcome a "vendor section" in our "Flea Market"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Isn't the roundel the IP of BMW?

Do you have permission to us it?

After all MOA and the Chartered Clubs went thru with the logos because BMW is protecting their IP, I'm wondering how you can sell apparel with the roundel on it if you don't have an agreement with BMW.

Dude. You must be the loneliest guy on the planet or you just like playing gotcha.

One. You have no idea what agreements I have w/ anyone as a Graphics Professional.
Two. Do you even understand what BMW did globally w/ the "look" of their logo?
There is a word and it is consistency.

...and yes... They do not want graphics ON THE ROUNDEL.

Before posting please know what you are talking about.
...And now just go away.

I'm done feeding this Troll.

As the former MOA Chartered Club Liaison who served when the MOA was trying to negotiage the use of BMW's Intellectual Property, I was keenly aware of what BMW would and would not allow.

It wasn't a troll.

It was a question that you ducked by acting all righteous.

As as we say in the South, Bless your little heart.

It was a question that you ducked by acting all righteous.

Excuse me. Why are "We" having this discussion? Let's discuss "righteous". Do you jump every vendor?
Do you request their release(s)?

Better yet... Drop it.
I've had it up to here w/ freak shows like this...

I've never blocked a member on this board.
I think I've found the first.

Good Day.

I saw the question about IP and I consider that a good question regardless of how it came across. But if Jim's got that area covered, he really doesn't need to answer to any of us. If it's an issue, it'll be him against the big company...no skin off our noses. ;)

So, I think we can move on and get back to the idea of having a vendor area on the forum or not.

Thanks...

vendor thoughts ideas

This is just some food for thought: On the www.accessnorton.com site they have just started the access Norton store. This was discussed as a place for people making parts or packaging parts for improvements to sell. Not much is listed yet as it has just opened, but if you go into the norton commando section, on the second page is a thread called Parts and Services. In the first post, it can be seen that he is going to talk to Jerry Doe about listing. Other discussions about the store are intertwined it other threads and not in the title. In the www.britbike.com site click the white forum letters on top of the home page. The first section is Sponsors Forum. This is where sponsors post their sales, new item and etc. for sale. Small start ups such as Anderson Cyclery use this as well as established companies. As to the question of discussing sponsors/sellers, if you scroll down to the British Motorcycles In General section of the same forum, a current discussion is going on about one of the sponsors. It is Mapcycle, buyer beware. www.inoalist@yahoo have it worked out that if a question such as " I need the exhaust port threads repaired" others can post who they used and if they were happy them, but anyone wanting to do the work had to send an email to the poster saying they did the work. No "self promoting" on the list is what you would call it I guess. As I said just somethings to look at as it's decided if and how to have vendors. frank

Back