• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Just Finished Brake Fluid Service On My 08 RT Via Mr. Semper-Fi, Observation

cookie

Jeff
First, thank you Don! I just completed the task with the help of MOA's Technical Center.
This step by step approach really helps make it simple.
I did notice the Mighty Vac tubing does not fit quite right and tends to suck air.
I think next time I will get some flexible quality clear tubing in sizes to fit the bleeders.
The Mighty vac helps but the manual method is easy also.
If you have the tools and basic mechanical sense go for it!

The dealer I go to wanted $110 for this service which made it worth my time to do it myself. Most of the regular maintenance is pretty straight forward. Just can't reset that service reminder without buying that $350 GS-911 coder reader as far as I know.

The boxers are about the easiest bikes out there to work on too. Valve adjustments take 15 minutes, plugs even less time. Throttle body sync is easy and doesn't take much time either. You can save yourself a boatload of money doing even the basic maint.stuff yourself as opposed to paying BMW shop prices.

The boxers are about the easiest bikes out there to work on too. Valve adjustments take 15 minutes, plugs even less time. Throttle body sync is easy and doesn't take much time either. You can save yourself a boatload of money doing even the basic maint.stuff yourself as opposed to paying BMW shop prices.

I know I save money. I also know I get a better job.

David

Back