• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Carbone Lorraine pads for 2010 r1200rt

Has anyone used Carbone Lorraine brake pads on a 2010 r1200rt. Beemerboneyard lists them but not for the 2010. I looked up the BMW part numbers and they list the same numbers for all years. Thanks in advance.

Yes! Love them. So much, that I also put them on our Audi's.
When I first put them on, the brakes were about 2/3 what I was used to. It took about 300 miles before they seated in, but once they do you
will be impressed!

Ken

I put them on my 2010 RT purchased from the
Boneyard they work good and fit fine, but are noisy
I've used them for just under 10 k miles and I don't see
Any excessive wear on the rotors and there still noisy.

Joe,

I can't speak to the RT, but I did try them on my R, and wasn't quite happy with the feel.. the seemed grabby to me. I went to EBC HH pads all the way around and it feels just like stock, but with a bit more powerful initial bite. The HH pads may cause more rotor wear, but I suspect my rear rotor is almost due anyway (with always using stock pads for 62k miles) - the front rotors seem fine.

I use the C-L pads all around on the RT with good results. Stopped the K75 well also. No noise issues for me. They do make the wheels a bit dirty though. Notice the taper grind on the rears...

Attachments

• new shoes 3-2011_1.JPG
    new shoes 3-2011_1.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 91
Back