• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

How do I search on a phrase?

steve1200rt

I need to search for a phrase: "bump stop", which is a part of my R1200RT windshield assembly. I get 28 pages of hits because the individual words are being searched, apparently.
How can I tell the forum search engine to find the phrase: "bump stop", instead of the two separate words?

Can't really do that with the search engine built into the software. If you know some other unique words that might get you what you need, you can try that. Otherwise, you can do some decent searching using the google feature "site: forums.bmwmoa.org/forum/php XXXX" (don't use the quotes) and change XXXX to what you want including quotes, + signs, etc.

Can't really do that with the search engine built into the software. If you know some other unique words that might get you what you need, you can try that. Otherwise, you can do some decent searching using the google feature "site: forums.bmwmoa.org/forum/php XXXX" (don't use the quotes) and change XXXX to what you want including quotes, + signs, etc.

Great idea, Kurt . . . to use the google search feature. I will try that next time.

Back