• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Forum menu bar overlay

WalterK75

At the right end of the menu bar I'm finding an overlay of some kind. It looks like a search window for typing search terms and it reads Advanced search and something else underneath. Just started seeing it Jan 2nd

At the right end of the menu bar I'm finding an overlay of some kind. It looks like a search window for typing search terms and it reads Advanced search and something else underneath. Just started seeing it Jan 2nd

I'm seeing it too Walter- but only on my iPhone. I haven't been able to really figure out a technical description to call in. My first impression is with the recent change, is the bar is too long for some screens. Gary

I had the same question for Jeff in the office when I called him yesterday. For me, what was underneath it was "What's New" which is basically already coveed in the "New Post" link on the left side of the screen. I found that my screen magnification affected things getting overwritten. I am running a flat panel but have it run up to 150% (my eyes!). When I ran the magnification down to 125%, everything looked fine. While I was on the phone, Jeff actually deleted the "What's New" link, and I'm back to 150% and can see everything.

I had the same question for Jeff in the office when I called him yesterday. For me, what was underneath it was "What's New" which is basically already coveed in the "New Post" link on the left side of the screen. I found that my screen magnification affected things getting overwritten. I am running a flat panel but have it run up to 150% (my eyes!). When I ran the magnification down to 125%, everything looked fine.

Thanks, That fixed it for me also.

Very curious. I tried enlarging my browser on the monitor. I don't run full screen. I grabbed the edge of the browser and dragged it larger and then smaller. Very interesting results. As it gets wider the items spread out so everything is readable. When I squeeze the border the links bar got smaller and suddenly became two bars. The items on the second bar, under the first, were overwritten a bit and not easy to read. Wider or full screen browser should have no problem. Curiouser and curiouser, said Alice.

Apparently the default width of the forum layout is wider than desirable on my computer. When I get it so the bar doesn't wrap and overlap my eyes don't see message text very clearly. I have no idea if this is adjustable at the admin end. I just enlarge until I can read and the menu bar is just going to have to be messed up for me, I guess. This is new with this version - I didn't see this with the old version.

Paul -

The layout is not adjustable by any of the mods or admins...Jeff can do things in the office. I trust you're seeing "Home" on the left and "Contact" on the right. There used to be "What's New" but Jeff deleted that. Apparently, the new version of VB has more control over these things, whereas the older version had to be hard coded by Scott.

The actual appearance is quite variable and a function your screen resolution and any additional magnification you might have. At work, I'm running 150% on my browser while at home I'm running 125%. I have tons of room here at home. It's going to be impossible to get the right fit for all the different monitors and eyes out there.

The page fits my monitor without any problem. If I Restore Down the menu bar will overlap. I rarely do that with this site so it won't bother me.

Back