Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Flea Market

I like the forum. It is like the ADV Rider one. Now buy my bike.

Is there a way to search for ads for specific model types in the Flea Market: i.e. Airheads, Oilers, Hexheads, etc?
    Rinty

Quote Originally Posted by rinty View Post
    Is there a way to search for ads for specific model types in the Flea Market: i.e. Airheads, Oilers, Hexheads, etc?
    Given that the current in-forum Flea Market, the only search capability is through the standard forum tools. But then, you rely on the poster to include those kinds of words in the post so that your search might bring them up. At present, there just isn't a good way to having those kinds of tags associated with each ad. I'm guessing the old Flea Market had that set up but not the interm arrangement.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by rinty View Post
    If you click on the Advanced Search link just under the search box (upper right corner), and then select the Search Single Content Type tab (which isn't the default even though it's the left-most tab), then you can enter your search Keywords and select Flea Market in the Search In Forums box under Additional Options.

Couldn't be easier, right?
    --Darryl Richman, forum liaison
    http://darryl.crafty-fox.com

Thanks Darryl. I like to keep an eye on ST prices.... Even though there's nothing I could replace mine with.
    Rinty

Thumbs down Flea Market

I'm all for change.. but this new Flea Market suxs ...Please take a member vote ... Bring the Flea Market Classifeds back... Please... Sidecarcris

Quote Originally Posted by Sidecarchris View Post
    I'm all for change.. but this new Flea Market suxs ...Please take a member vote ... Bring the Flea Market Classifeds back... Please... Sidecarcris
    Sorry Chris, but there's simply nothing to vote on.

The old flea market was home built and had security issues, along with our old version of vBulletin (the forum software we use). The board is working to update the entire website, and when it does, a new flea market solution will be a part of that. What we have right now is what we could create on the spur of the moment, caused by hackers getting into the older version of vBulletin. I don't believe that there's any will to invest more time (and club $s) into this temporary situation than is really necessary to tide us over.

So, what we have is what we have, until we have something different -- which will be more like what we used to have.

well..it's been a month.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrylRi View Post
    ....... what we have is what we have, until we have something different -- which will be more like what we used to have.
    That is too funny

Quote Originally Posted by 33211 View Post
    well..it's been a month.
    Well, there's an awful lot going on behind the scenes. New website and forum are being developed by a third party. Everything requires testing. And the MOA has a very large database for our digital operations. Between the small paid MOA staff, the third party, and the all volunteer group that runs the forum, some things will be prioritized and may take some time. Your understanding is appreciated
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Jack Herbst
    Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Well, there's an awful lot going on behind the scenes. New website and forum are being developed by a third party. Everything requires testing. And the MOA has a very large database for our digital operations. Between the small paid MOA staff, the third party, and the all volunteer group that runs the forum, some things will be prioritized and may take some time. Your understanding is appreciated
    I too liked the old "flea Market" but am one who got trashed by a virus among other things on my computer. I am more than willing to wait until a new more secure format is formulated. It took three weeks and $300 to get my computers up and running again.

My hat is off to all paid staff and volunteers who make the MOA site possible and keep it running!

Jack
    "All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I realize I should have been more specific."

Flea market

This new forum set up for the flea market sucks. Please fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by ccudd13 View Post
    This new forum set up for the flea market sucks. Please fix it.
    The new format has some plusses and minuses it appears. The Flea Market had to come inside the forum because of some recent upgrades to the forum software. The future is that the Flea Market will eventually be back to it's usual place as mentioned in this thread:

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread....k-of-the-Forum

It will take some time...please be patient and make use of the current Flea Market until that time.

We're very sorry you don't find the current flea market appealing. Please read the background about the flea market changes here:
    http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread....ew-Flea-Market

Unfortunately, the flea market is not going to see any significant changes right now. The current implementation is a temporary fix while we await a complete update to the club's website.

Not a heavy user of the MOA FM, but this format is familiar, and I have no problems with it. I suspect that the designers and admins will further subdivide the FM into more precise sections that will allow faster browsing and searching. Remember, a lot of this is volunteer, and after all, (if you consider the other member benefits) it's certainly cheep.
    --Don
    20 R1250RS