• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

R90S paint colors

donmystic1

Donmystic1
What are the modern paint codes for a 1974 R90S that is smoke black and silver ?

I can find the original paint codes but apparently that paint is not available.

Maybe someone knows a source.

So I need the paint code for the Black color and the silver color.

Also the code for the gold pinstripe .

Thanks

Don

Mystic, CT

In the auto body trade black is pretty much black, as long as you stay away from those with pearl or metallic in the formula.The real question there is which paint brand & type. I'm using PPG DBU black base/clear, others may opt for Glasurit for OEM & it's listed via the adv.'s in ON. Sikkens paints have matched well on euro colors for me in past. The silver hopefully you'll get another post/info for the match & gold the same.

Holt BMW is the place to go for Glasurit paints. I would think they can mix the colors needed.

In the auto body trade black is pretty much black, as long as you stay away from those with pearl or metallic in the formula.The real question there is which paint brand & type. I'm using PPG DBU black base/clear, others may opt for Glasurit for OEM & it's listed via the adv.'s in ON. Sikkens paints have matched well on euro colors for me in past. The silver hopefully you'll get another post/info for the match & gold the same.

The original paint isn't black, however. It's a weird brownish green that looks black when it's thick enough.

Back