• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Windshield recommendations for K75 Standard 1994

Mickey1

I would appreciate any information regarding a windshield for a 1994 K75 Standard. This will be my first K75. I also will need to change from the standard seat to a low seat. Thank you for your time and assistance.

Welcome to the site.

We were happy with the standard BMW shield on our 1987 K75Ts.
I'm not sure if this shield is still available from BMW.

Homer_Spit_Medium_.jpg

Last edited:
I do not think that the stock unit is still available. You might be able to find a used one at beemer bone yard or another cycle salvage.
Also, I think National Cycle still makes a windshield.

Just for fun, how about a picture of your bike?

The Parabellum Scout worked very well for me.
Screen purchased was too tall, cut it down a bit so that I was looking over the top a few inches.

Attachments

• Copy (1) of 002.JPG
    Copy (1) of 002.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 118
Ken E. that is one good looking motorcycle. Thanks for posting the photo.
Agent Brick, I went to the National Cycle web site. Thanks for the input. They have a Plexistar2 for the K75. I will give National Cycle a call when they reopen after the New Year holiday. Happy New Year to all.

Hello. The BMW shield is still available but it might be difficult to find a brand new one. I found a new old stock one at Resycle BMW in Columbus, Ohio last spring. As Argent Brick mentioned you'll see some used ones for sale sometimes as well. In fact, I recall one for sale very recently on Ebay. That shield also fits some of the R100's so you may find one via that search. Good luck!

>>We were happy with the standard BMW shield on our 1987 K75Ts.<<

I have the stock BMW shield on my '92 K75 as well, but will be adding a Laminar Lip just for the heck of it.

Adding the Laminar Lip does change the flow quite a bit. I like the stock shield much better with the lip.

FWIW, I am very happy with my OEM windshield. It has a good, solid mounting system. If the price is about the same as the National brand, then get the stock BMW windshield.

The stock shield with a lip is thebee's knees which I've used for 14 years and really like.I put a parrabellum scout on last year anr\d so far I like that just fine too. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.:dance

I'm glad to hear that, as I bought the "lip" and am awaiting the coming of spring so I can install it. :D

I would like to thank everyone who responded to the thread. I ordered and installed a Plexistar 2 clear shield from National Cycle.

Mickey1,

Nice to hear that you found something that will meet your needs. How are things going in your search for a low seat?

Back