• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Waterproof Duffel Bag

tictac

Pressing #1 for English!
I needed a good duffel bag, so that I can have all my camping gear right behind me.
A good duffel bag always becomes a nice backrest on the long trips.
Most of the bags that I was looking at are really pricy.
Finally I found a nice waterproof duffel bag made by Kwik Tek Dry Pak.
Those bags come it four colors and 2 sizes.
My largest item is 32 inches long but the largest bag is only 30 inches long.
To my surprise this bag is 30 inches long at the bottom but on the top it can be 34 inches.
Also a nice tray at the bottom makes this bag very durable and does not sag like some others.
Here is the link. Amazon as always is a nice place to shop.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Dry+tek+duffel+bag

414z0hNF29L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Don't forget, it's a bad idea to put your wet tent in the same bag with your sleeping bag.

Well.
Very good suggestion.
For the long trips I always carry with me two military compression sacks.
compresssack1.jpg
I use one bag for my laundry and another one for the wet tent.
So, with this duffel bag I no longer need to waste my time in the morning packing my camping gear.
I just dump everything into the DRY PAK, lightly folded of course. ;)

Last edited:
I have had my helen2wheels for years. Awesome and cheap.
They have videos on how to effectively pack your gear.
Mine has performed flawlessly on some really long and wet trips.

http://www.helen2wheels.com/

The ties down straps are worth the $20 additional.

I use a 60 liter zippered water-proof duffel from SeattleSport that I bought from Aerostich. All of my camping gear fits in. I use a separate bag inside for separation of clean and dirty/wet; and when rain is expected on the road, I mount the bag zipper side down. Dry...so far.

Last edited:
The video i mentioned: http://youtu.be/NPL4-ic_RnU

I am not affiliated with RPW or helen2wheels, but I do believe in their products. They are the only company in my lifetime who contacted me about a product I had purchased, said the were just not happy with the quality and said they were sending me a new version and asked me what color I wanted.

I was using the product (reflective straps) just fine, but they were not happy.

Customer for life now.

Having owned a canoe and kayak shop for years (not any more, retired) I recommend going to one of these for your waterproof duffles, they can come with waterproof zippers to. I use these as they are quick to access your gear. Some of these are really large and come in red, yellow etc. My favorite is made by Cascade Designs in Washington state and is about ten years old now. It holds two sleeping bags and pads, cook kit, camping pillows, some of my food etc. I do carry my tent in a separate bag as it can be put away wet and I like a good sized tent.
Another good and light weight bag is made by (Sea To Summit) and is good for extra things you want to get to during the day. It has a roll down closure. Sorry I don't know how to add a picture here as I have them of my bike loaded for one and two up.

Bill Zeller
1200RT
650GS

I bought one of the Twisted Throttle dry bag setups. It's a damn nice bag and didn't really cost that much overall for the dual bag setup, and is very easy to mount up.

Dryspec38

I bought one of the Twisted Throttle dry bag setups. It's a damn nice bag and didn't really cost that much overall for the dual bag setup, and is very easy to mount up.

I am comparing the Dryspec system with wolf man expedition duffel bags. On paper I prefer the Dryspec, but i question if my sleeping pad will fit in it. Do you know the answer?

My sleeping pad rolls into a stuff sack thats approx 4"x 12"-same brand mentioned but compact for backpacking. On a bike I use an queen sized air mattress for comfort & the engine does the work to carry it & to blow it up! US Army waterproof bags are cheap & high quality.

Back