• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Global Warming?

Lawrence_D

I shouldn't complain about winter riding conditions since we have not had it as bad in north eastern Kansas as many (most) parts of the country. But there is a melancholy that comes upon me this time each year - well, aside from post Holiday cheer! - that can most assuredly be traced to frozen precipitation on the pavement. In this part of the country this is invariably followed by thousands of tons of, largely unnecessary, salt and sand, the combination of which makes riding a near impossibility until the advent of a serious liquid downpour! In my mind this begs the simple question:

Where is Global Warming When We Need It??

Last edited:
I agree global warming never comes when you need it. It will come this summer, when like last summer, temperatures were between 102-113F (in the shade) in southern Kansas for weeks on end. Past 100 degrees, I ditch my bikes and travel in an A-C automobile.

I rode up to Christmas day this year, next day we got the big snow and salt. Usually put the bikes away late November. Been a week now, starting to show withdrawal symptoms.

I guess if I mention it was 78 and sunny for our annual New Year's Day ride, I'll get a lot of hate mail. OK, I won't mention it...or the fact that today was even better. :)

I guess if I mention it was 78 and sunny for our annual New Year's Day ride, I'll get a lot of hate mail. OK, I won't mention it...or the fact that today was even better. :)

OK, the weather was nice. Traffic sucked. And the roads are almost all straight. Some plus. Some minus. But Happy New Year anyway.

OK, the weather was nice. Traffic sucked, what with all the blue-haired Q-tips behind the wheels, tootling along at 5-10 under the limit. And the roads are almost all straight, with the only thing that looks like a hill being a 300' long bridge over the inter-coastal. Some plus. Some minus. But Happy New Year anyway.

fify.

if i could get out to the main road, I could ride. as it is now, :cry

8F in Moscow (PA) today, UGH and 18" white stuff

Where oh where did my riding go? Will it come back in April. NE PA beats all the Bad weather everywhere.
two places in USA where solar power is a Joke, Main, the state, and NE PA:cry The only riding I'm doing is on the 4 wheeler plowing snow.

Oh, also 19" on the ground, so where is Global warming when ya need it.:brow

Last edited:
OK, the weather was nice. Traffic sucked. And the roads are almost all straight. Some plus. Some minus. But Happy New Year anyway.

Actually, we've got great curves on the back roads, and no traffic. 80+ degree weather for the past few days and forecasted for another week...excuse me, I've got to go ride now. :)

Back