• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Maps & Grand Prize Bikes

Sue

Friend of the Marque
Hey -

Check out the Rally Home Page for the map of the rally site & pictures of the Grand Prize motorcycles!

Thanks to Michael Cohen for transforming the map into something legible, and another big round of applause to Sandy Cohen for working around all of my "last-minute" changes to the rally program.

:clap

Sue - The maps look very nice, but my wife noticed something...only one location with showers is readily apparent, the shower trailer. Do some of the other restrooms have showers, or is the trailer it?
Thanks, Greg

Showers

Greg SEVa said:
Sue - The maps look very nice, but my wife noticed something...only one location with showers is readily apparent, the shower trailer. Do some of the other restrooms have showers, or is the trailer it?
Thanks, Greg

All of the bathroom buildings have showers. There are a total of 40 showers on-site. The shower trailer is a supplement, which will bring the total number of showers to 56.

Sue Rihn-Manke said:
All of the bathroom buildings have showers. There are a total of 40 showers on-site. The shower trailer is a supplement, which will bring the total number of showers to 56.

Phew, out of the dog house (i.e., I talked her into camping using the Sherpa service....only way she'd do it)! :thumb
Thanks for the quick response Sue. We're looking forward to the ride out and back, and the great rally you've coordinated once we're there!
Greg

Last edited:
Map

Sue,
Would you happen to know where the Sherpa tents are going to be located?
Couldn't find them on the map.
Thanks
Dave n Sue Norris
K75C

Thanks Sue, this coming Monday I will be in Lima, (passing through) and with this map I can plot my camp site. :D

things to do :
tires, oil, alternator belt, stakes for camp site,......... :D :D

Sherpa

K75'd said:
Would you happen to know where the Sherpa tents are going to be located?
Couldn't find them on the map.

We have several locations in mind for the Sherpa service, but probably won't decide until the week of the rally.

Presence requested or required?

Well, you know this is going to be asked, maybe it's already posted--Do the grand prize winners need to be present at the drawing?
Just so there's no confusion.....

Oh yeah, I've already arranged to have someone ride my bike home so I can ride home my prize!!!
:type

Do NOT need to be present to win

gutefahrt said:
...Do the grand prize winners need to be present at the drawing? ...

In 2000, the Board of Directors created a policy that you do NOT need to be present to win any Grand Prize Motorcycles which were purchased by the BMW MOA for that purpose. If you registered, you will be in the drawing and may win.

However, some of the other Grand Prizes, including motorcycle tours, riding suits, a BMW motorcycle (donated by Bob's BMW), etc.... you MAY need to be there to win. It depends on the discretion of the companies who donated the prizes.

Attachments

• GrndPriz.JPG
    GrndPriz.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 276
Sue Rihn-Manke said:
In 2000, the Board of Directors created a policy that you do NOT need to be present to win any Grand Prize Motorcycles which were purchased by the BMW MOA for that purpose. If you registered, you will be in the drawing and may win.

However, some of the other Grand Prizes, including motorcycle tours, riding suits, a BMW motorcycle (donated by Bob's BMW), etc.... you MAY need to be there to win. It depends on the discretion of the companies who donated the prizes.

So, I can register online for $30 and not go to the rally and have chance at winning those 2 bikes? Sounds like good odds to me.

Kenny2 said:
Thanks Sue, this coming Monday I will be in Lima, (passing through) and with this map I can plot my camp site. :D

things to do :
tires, oil, alternator belt, stakes for camp site,......... :D :D

Sue and fellow members
Got to Lima, GREAT site. Did some walking around and it is in GREAT shape. :clap (Don't take down my 'reserved sign) :D

25 Days and counting..... :wow :drink :D

Not quite ....

Unregistered said:
So, I can register online for $30 and not go to the rally and have chance at winning those 2 bikes? Sounds like good odds to me.

That's not quite correct. The Door Prize tickets need to be dropped into the boxes at the rally. So, you need to be at the rally at least long enough to fill-in the tickets, and then drop them into the containers.

I should have been more explicit in my previous post. I apologize.

Back