• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Looking for model number of largest Yuasa AGM Battery .....

ohiorider

..... that'll fit in the OEM battery box on my 1991 R100GS. Since the stock alternator is rated at 280W at ?? rpm, I'd like to have the added assurance of a larger electrical 'bank account.' Thinking 25 - 30ah. Now that's she's had her top end rebuild, I'm thinking about some traveling late spring early summer on the old gal, and not considering adding a higher output charging system at this time.

Thanks .... Bob

I'm not sure about a Yuasa brand part number, but if you are open to alternate brands, the 28ah Panasonic that I bought from Motorrad Elektrik works great (6 years and counting) and is slightly smaller physically than the Yausa 18ah battery that I'd had previously. The slightly smaller size allows it to fit through the subframe over the battery tray, allowing for easier installation/removal than the stock size battery. I think that's true of some of the other brands as well... might be something to consider as you conduct your search.

I was running the big Yuasa in my bike. When it came time for a replacement, I told the dealer I want an AGM battery. He handed me something called a BikeMaster Platinum II. MS53030 Part#: 78-0734. It has been a great battery, even if it was made overseas. Rated at 28 amp hours.

Back