• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2007 R1200GS new GPS wiring

the-oz-slider
Hello All,
Santa Claus [AKA my wife ];););) bought me a new Garmin Zumo 660 for Christmas, and I want to hard wire it into the bike , but with a quick disconnect so that I can move it from one bike to the other at any time.
Any suggestions as to where to hook it up to? Harness is basically standard, with no extra fuse blocks.
Thanks
Al

Al,

You can buy the mount for the 660 for around (IIRC) $45 or so, with the wiring. I'd put one on each bike you want to use the GPS on. For your R1200GS - there is a plug in the harness for connecting the factory GPS. This can be used for your 660 if you buy the factory "repair connector" - which is the needed connector with some wire stubs coming out of it. Someone will post the PN I'm sure - it's about $25 from the dealer.

R1200GS wiring

Thanks guys, indeed we used the GPS plug and made up a really nice fitting to hook it up with a quick disconnect plug....
i have ordered the ZTechnic mount and it will work just great. I also going to buy another mount with harness for my proposed new acquisition in the spring. This bike (07 r1200GS) is off to New Zealand where it will stay so I can use it when Im down visiting my daughter who lives in Auckland.....
Thanks for the advice......
Al

Back