• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Looking for a solo seat for my g/s

adamppaul

Hey folks,
Been trying to find a way to carry my dog more securly on my g/s and find the dual seat a bit lacking for his carrier tie down straps. I want to try the solo seat to at least have something solid to tie down to. I don't care the condition or price...just needs to be solid. Let me know

Nope, the R80g/s is a whole different animal. I have the r100gs rack and it does not even come close to fitting.

Might be good in your original post, profile, or in some way, identify not only your type and style of bike/motorcycle/scooter; but in this case the type or breed of animal, in this case a "dog", you intend to carry with you. Sure makes it easier as a responder to know just a bit more to give an intelligent answer and might save you from coming back with a style of communication that works in a user friendly environment........Merry Christmas and God bless..........Dennis

I have a cairn terrier who has been accustomed to riding on my KLR and it's massive rack. I really only have one ass so decided the KLR had to go leaving me with the g/s. I already have a good option to carry him...just need a decent rack to tie him to. I did at one point drop an r100gs subframe, seat/rack, tank onto the g/s but the weight increase was disgusting so went back to the stock g/s arrangement.

So....don't need advice on the carrier....just need a seat :dunno. Then again if someone has a RoadHound carrier :whistle

Back